RENO, Nev. (June 7, 2023) — As the 2023 Reno Rodeo kicks off ten days of excitement and fun for Washoe County and surrounding areas, safety is a top priority for the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office and the Reno Rodeo Association.
Here are some safety tips to ensure you, your family, and your valuables remain safe:
- Plan Your Route: Modified traffic patterns will be in place Sunday, June 11 to Sunday, June 25 in the vicinity of the Reno-Sparks Livestock Events Center. Learn more here.
- Secure Your Personal Belongings: Do not leave valuables in your vehicle; consider leaving them at home. Make sure anything important in the vehicle is hidden. Be sure to lock your vehicle. Security with metal detecting wands will be conducted at all entrances for prohibited items.
- Drink Responsibly: Designate a sober driver or hire a ride service to ensure a safe ride home if you choose to indulge.
- Be Aware of Your Surroundings: Do not leave your children or food/drinks unattended. Criminals often use the distraction of a large crowd to commit crimes.
- Safety Plan: In the event of separation, emergency and/or your phone battery dies or loses service, have a regroup plan in place for your family/group with a designated location to meet. Ensure all minors in your party know or have your phone number/emergency contact information. Make sure you have a current photo of your children before arriving at the event.
- Plan for the Weather: The weather is expected to be hot and dry. Make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Don’t forget sunscreen.
For more information about the 2023 Reno Rodeo and a schedule of events, visit www.renorodeo.com.