What it means to be a Wrangler for the Reno Rodeo
Over the last 100 years, with the help of almost 1,000 volunteers, the Reno Rodeo has become one of the largest outdoor rodeos in the world. The Reno Rodeo was established in 1919, and is an association comprised almost entirely of volunteers. Every year, the Reno Rodeo Association depends on the hard work and collaboration of its 50+ volunteer committees, to put on one of northern Nevada’s largest events!
We would love to have you join us!
If you’re interested in volunteering for the Reno Rodeo, please complete a Wrangler Application, and submit it to the office with a copy of your ID and a one-time application fee of $25.00. If moving up in the association is something you’re interested in, we ask that you volunteer as a “Wrangler” for at least 2 consecutive years, and work 40 hours each year. Fulfilling those hours and receiving good evaluations from your committee chairmen can gain you an invitation to become a Member after your 2 years as a Wrangler.
Wrangler Application Process
- Fill out a Wrangler Application Form
- The can be found at renorodeo.com/get-involved/wranglers or you can stop by the Reno Rodeo office at 1350 N. Wells Ave. Reno, NV 89512.
- When submitting your application, please include a copy of your ID and a $25.00 application fee
- Applications are due in the Reno Rodeo office by 5:00 p.m. on May 1st, 2022.
- Then keep an eye on your email for news about upcoming meetings or events!
We hope you enjoy being a part of the Wildest, Richest Rodeo in the West!