Kids’ Day and Mutton Bustin’ Championship
Reno Rodeo Kids’ Day is a free event geared toward families in our community! We are honored to host vendors who help educate kids on the western lifestyle, safety, agriculture, and so much more!
Kids’ Day 2019 will feature several animals, interactive vendors, and live displays.
The doors open at 9AM on Sunday, June 23, 2019 in the Livestock Events Center.
Kids’ Day presents the Fourth Annual Reno Rodeo Mutton Bustin’ Championships!
The Mutton Bustin’ Championships are a one-day spin off event of the ever-popular nightly event, Mutton Bustin’! We host 100 kids from 9AM-1PM who have the opportunity to compete for the title of Champion – amongst other things!
2019 RENO RODEO ASSOCIATION MUTTON BUSTIN’ CHAMPIONSHIP
Participants must be at least five (5) years of age and no more than seven (7) years of age on the first day of Reno Rodeo 2019 (June 20, 2019). A copy of the participant’s birth certificate will be required at sign in. Participants may not weigh more than 65 pounds. (For the safety of our animals and the safety of your children, we emphasize the weight limit of no more than 65 pounds). Western attire is required (i.e. long sleeve shirt, long pants, and boots). Helmets and vests will be supplied by a sponsor, as they are required during the ride. The participants and one (1) adult only will be allowed in the chute area. Applications will be processed in the order received and the first 100 applications will be accepted. An entry fee of $35.00 will be charged.
Check in will start at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, June 23rd, 2019 in the indoor arena. At check in, you will receive a back number for the participant. The event will consist of five (5) go rounds, with twenty (20) participants each. Each ride will be timed. At the end of the five (5) go rounds, the ten (10) best times will be competing in the 4thAnnual Reno Rodeo Mutton Bustin’ Championship! Top three (3) will receive trophies and the winner will also receive a belt buckle.
- Mutton Bustin’ Championships
- Washoe County Detention Response Team
- Child ID
- Small Smiles
- Jensen & Co. Salon
- Reno Fire Department
- Urban Roots
- RPD/RPD Drug Intervention Program
- NV Division of Forestry with Smokey the Bear
- Legendary Longhorns
- Sierra NV Jr. Rodeo and Gymkhana Club
- Washoe County High School Rodeo Club
- Spanish Springs High School Rodeo Club
- NV Department of Agriculture with Moolisa
- Reno/Sparks Therapy and Service Dogs
- Truckee Meadows Dog Training Club
- Miss Reno Rodeo and visiting Queens
- Reno Rodeo Flag Team
- Discovery Museum-Terry Lee Wells Nevada Discovery Museum
- Nevada Department of Wildlife
- Pony Express
- Girl Scouts of the Sierra Nevada
- Reno Air Races
- Bureau of Land Management, Wild Horse & Burro Program
- Bureau of Land Management Law Enforcement
- Miss Nevada Scholarship Organization
- Renown/Hometown Health
- Reno Rodeo Foundation