RENO, Nev. (June 11, 2019) – The Reno Rodeo is fast approaching, June 20–29. This event continues to grow each year and has become a premier, National Rodeo event. Due to its growth, combined with new on-site facilities added each year, the demand for parking grows with us. This year the Reno Rodeo Association has requested, and been granted by the City of Reno, the use of a portion of Wells Avenue for additional controlled parking and improved traffic flow, both into and out of the event. This pattern has been used in previous years and has been largely well-received.
Gate 3, located off Wells directly west of Sutro, will once again serve as the cowboy/cowgirl contestant entrance. Gate 2.5 will be the access into the north public parking area. Gate 6 off Sutro will be used as permit only parking. ADA parking is available in both the north and south parking lots. Gate 2, Gate 4, and the Health Department Gate will be exit only. All gates will be opened after performance to assist with exiting traffic flow.
Reno Rodeo in conjunction with the University of Nevada, Reno will be providing free parking at the Enterprise Rd. parking lot off of Evans with a free shuttle to the rodeo grounds. The university parking and shuttle will be available daily, June 20–29 from 4:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m.
In general, traffic circulation will include the following major modifications:
- Wells Avenue will be reduced to two lanes.
- One-way, west/southbound traffic on Wells Avenue from Sutro Street to 9th Street in the vicinity of the Reno Sparks Livestock Events Center.
- Northbound traffic on Wells Avenue will be diverted East at 9th Street and North at Sutro Street.
- Only left turns will be permitted into and out of the rodeo grounds from Wells Avenue. Traffic may be allowed to exit to the right at the North gate of the property near the Sutro and Wells intersection after performances. Full turning movements will be allowed on 9th Street and Sutro Street. Traffic will be directed by signage.
- Taxi stands on Wells Avenue have been moved south of Sadlier Drive.
- A bus stop north of Gate 2.0 to provide free shuttle service to the free parking at the parking lot at Enterprise Rd off Evans Avenue.
- The Reno Police Department may assist/direct traffic during certain peak hours.
A small map has been prepared depicting these changes and can be faxed or emailed to you upon request.
These changes will be set up on Sunday night, June 16 and will be removed on Sunday, June 30. The early setup should allow people to become familiar with traffic pattern changes before the event.
The Reno Rodeo apologizes for any inconvenience during this 11-day event and appreciates the public’s cooperation and consideration.
Please feel free to call the Reno Rodeo Association office at 775-329-3877 with any questions or concerns.
About the Reno Rodeo
The Reno Rodeo is a Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) sanctioned sporting event, and one of the top five rodeos in North America. Reno Rodeo is a non-profit organization made up of over 1000 volunteers. The 2019 Reno Rodeo is scheduled for June 20-29. Competition includes bareback, team roping, saddle bronc, tie-down roping, steer wrestling, women’s barrel racing and bull riding. Like Reno Rodeo on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or for more information on the Reno Rodeo, visit www.renorodeo.com.